- At 10:30 am every Sunday we gather together to celebrate God’s faithfulness and grace, reaffirm our own faithfulness to God, build each other up, and seek God’s will for our own lives and the life of our church. We worship God through singing, teaching, prayer and on the last Sunday of the month, communion followed by a potluck lunch. Our multicultural, multigenerational congregation meets in the sanctuary.
You can also choose to join us from 9:30-10:15am for our Family Life Hour. Using the Gospel Project curriculum we are chronologically going through the Bible to learn more about who God is and always has been, We have classes for different age groups and at 10:15 am, right before the service, join us for coffee at the foyer. Our kids Sunday School classes (grade 5 and under) are now happening during the church service. However, kids are welcome to meet with our Children's Ministry Director downstairs to hang out during FLH.
It would be great to have you join us!
- Because our core values include living out passionate faith and supporting personal growth, we place great value in providing a strong Bible Study program. This includes a weekly men’s group Wednesdays a 7pm, and a bi-weekly daytime Bible Study Wednesday mornings along with many study options during our Family Life Hour. Family Life Hour is our Sunday School with different classes for different age groups.
- Grades 1-5.
Kids Club meets every Wednesday from 7:00-8:30pm during the months of September to April. We strive to offer a safe place for kids to interact with each other and their leaders, offering fun games, cooking, building projects and outings. We also spend time studying the bible together and learn about who God is, that He loves us, and how we can follow Him. Our hope is that every child who attends Kids Club feels that they are a part of a loving and supportive community.
For more information, please contact
Kids Ministry 905-937.6900 Ext.226
Scott Street Jr. Youth
- Our JR Youth program meets every Wednesday from 7:00-8:30 PM during the months of September to April. Our goal is to help young people encounter God, who created us, loves us, saves us, and gives us hope to be fully reunited with him one day; making friends and having a ton of fun along the way! We make time each week for kids to ask questions about God, Christianity, and life in general with the hope of helping them grow in their faith.
For more information please contact:
Phil Klassen at 905.937.6900 Ext.224
Scott Street Sr. Youth
- Our SR Youth program meets every Friday from 7:00-10:00 PM year round. Our goal is to provide a safe environment in which teenagers can learn more about God, who He created them to be, and what it means for them to follow Him. We provide a space for the youth to have good, clean fun in an environment where they are free to be themselves and can discover the gifts and unique personality traits that God has given them.
Follow us on Twitter (@SSYtweets) and Instagram (ScottStreetYouth) for information on weekly events. Youth can also request to join our Facebook group (Scott Street Youth)
For more information please contact:
Phil Klassen at 905.937.6900 Ext.224
Sunday school and nursery
- Sunday School is now offered for all ages during our Family Life Hour from 9:30am-10:15am during the school year. Children of any age (yes even babies) are welcome to join the appropriate class as we worship together by learning, playing, making crafts and reading the bible. We are currently following the Gospel Project which takes us through the bible in chronological order giving our students a complete picture of the bible piece by piece. We have so much fun growing and learning together, and would be thrilled if you would come hang out with us!
- At this point Scott Street Church does not have a Spanish Ministry, however, we invite you to connect with Nuevo Pacto's Pastor Cesar and Diana Mayorga. They held their Sunday Services at 2pm in the Sanctuary. Please visit www.nuevopacto.ca for m,ore details.
- OLD PINE TRAIL
The Bible tells us to love our neighbours the same way we love ourselves. Step one to doing that is to actually get to know our neighbours. On the second Thursday of every month we host a community dinner for our neighbours at Old Pine Trail (a Niagara Regional housing development).
Seniors Ministry & Outreach
- At Scott Street we love older Seniors and feel no one is ever too old to enjoy life! Because we are located right in front of Tabor Manor, we provide a broadcasting service whereby we televise our Sunday Morning Service to the residents at Tabor. We are also involved in hosting a weekly Cafe at the Evergreen Solarium in addition to providing friendly visits.
- Lunch @ Scott Street is also a weekly community lunch that happens every Wednesday at 12 pm. For only $5come and enjoy fellowship. Either if you work or live close by, please come and check this out!
International Mission Partners
- Baptist Haiti Mission
BHM has been at work in Haiti for over 70 years! Through their great work, we sponsor a school in the rural, mountainous village of Carrefour Tintin. Our partnership helps provide uniforms, books, medical care and a daily meal for close 200 children, as well as support, resources, and training for their teachers.
It has also been our privilege to send groups from our church to visit BHM and our school in Carrefour Tintin on Learning & Service Trips. These trips give us opportunity to experience God in a new context as we worship and work alongside our Haitian brothers and sisters.
- Mennonite Central Committee
MCC works all over the world to bring relief, development and peace in the name of Christ. We support their work financially, by providing quilts to be sent to refugee camps, and doing an annual drive to raise funds for relief kits that will also be sent to refugee camps and provide basic hygiene and care products to displaced people.
- Vision Thailand
Although only slightly higher than 0.5% of Thai people are Evangelical Christians, the good news of Christ is currently spreading through the work of VT. VT is developing and equipping national leaders for pioneer church planting and has established a Church Planting & Leadership Development School, led by theologically trained Thai pastors and have students simultaneously start new churches under the supervision of senior Thai pastors. We financially sponsor a collective of 6 Thai churches called Fountain Spring Churches.
- Mail Box Club program are Bible lessons sent by mail and is part of the Source of Light Ministries International (SLM) which is an independent, faith mission that exists world-wide to bring people into a mature relationship with Jesus Christ and into fellowship with a local church and it uses the medium of Bible lessons for all ages. It has its Canadian headquarters in Saskatoon, SK, as an arm of the Western Tract Mission. The International Headquarters are in Madison, GA.
Our program consists of 25 courses. Each course having various numbers (3-25) of lessons. A Certificate is issued at the end of each course, a Diploma at the end of all courses. The course is free of charge to anyone, except for postage. Our church pays for the material purchased from Western Tract Mission.
Who are our students?
Children from 6 and up, teenagers, young couples who want to develop a routine of having devotions together, parents who stress the importance of being an example to their children of continuing to study Gods' Word, Home schooling parents, S.S. Teachers. Families that take English as a second language. Children have referred their parents, some who are incarcerated, grandparents, friends. They come from all over USA, Canada, Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.
Advertising so far has been done word-by-mouth only. Students send in names of friends, siblings etc. who they have talked to about the course. We have an average of 175 students. In the first 3 months of 2013 we sent out 450 lessons, 33 certificates and 7 students received Jesus as their personal Saviour! Isaiah 55:11... "so is my word that goes out from my mouth, will not return to me empty.." This is a promise we have experienced over and over again.
Three young ladies are the part time teachers who mark the lessons, return new ones, include notes of encouragement or answer specific questions. We stay in contact with each student at Christmas and on their birthdays, which is done by 2 volunteers. This has proven to be specially appreciated.
- Quilting Circle: this ministry consists of a faithful group of ladies that meets every Monday evening and Tuesday morning to produce comforter blankets that are sent to people around the world. This blankets become companions to many people facing persecution or are displaced from their territory or are living in poverty. For more information about how the quilting circle works at Scott Street Church, click here to watch this video or also click here to visit the website of our partner organization that explains this ministry in more detail.
- Carefour Tin Tin School - Haiti: Scott Street Church also supports the students with a meal program through individual sponsorship. With only $150 per year you can feed a child during the entire school year in Haiti. Click here if you wish to sponsor a child for the meal program.
- Other National and International Partnerships:
Other events and fellowship
- Look at our calendar to see all our programs and events in details.